Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Apologies...

I know I have said this numerous times, I am sorry for the lack of postings... My excuse is that I was finishing up my wonderful internship, which I miss, and I had RA training and getting the building ready for students to move in. Then classes started and I plan on graduating in May so I've been kind of busy with my Senior year.

The time has come to be reunited with my loyal fans, who I'm sure have been waiting patiently for months for the latest installment of my awesome adventures and stories. Now it has been a while since my last post so bear with me, this post could take some time to read...

So most of you know that I spent the summer working to save up any an all money to get a car. I spent all summer surfing Craigslist, calling and going to see any thing with 4 wheels that was in my price range. Well after all the searching and surfing, I found what I was looking for. This is my Jeep!

Friends of ours were moving out of the country and needed to get rid of their Jeep, they heard that I was in the market and we struck up a deal. The problem was that it was in Ft. Lauderdale and I was already in Banner Elk at school. So I had a rare window of opportunity, the coming up weekend was Labor Day so I had a 3 day weekend. I was able to fly home and spend the day getting the car cleaned and ready then drove back up to school with my dad the next day. We made it back safely, unfortunately I got sick somewhere in between Johnson City Airport and driving back to Banner Elk...

The car drove great the entire 12 hour drive, then it was fine when I took my dad to the airport in the morning. I tried to go to Dollar General that night to get some cold medicine and my battery died... I had to get a new battery after having it for less then 48 hours. Oh well, it was an easy fix!

After I got back an got over my illness Rebecca and I loaded up the Jeep with the bikes and went to Todd to take an easy ride. We had to cross train that day since we were still training for our half marathon. Todd is a great place to ride, it's flat and next to a "lazy river' that looks so inviting after a good ride. It had been a while since we rode there and it's always a good time!


Cross season is getting close! I stripped my road bike and built up my beloved cyclocross bike! My Senior project is going to be a documentary about me racing cyclocross and trying to get a spot on the nationals team, so wish me luck! Cross is one of my favorite cycling disciplines, so rest assured that videos and pictures will be posted from all my races this season!


Like i posted before my hiatus, Rebecca and I had been training for a half marathon. Well the time had come for us to put all that training to the test! Our race was September 26th in Johnson City TN we did the Bluegrass Half Marathon. The night before the race it was sprinkling a little, I figured it would clear up by morning. WRONG! The whole drive down it was pouring and the time that we sat in the car waiting for the race it to start it poured. Then the whole 13.1 miles it was pouring and in the low 60's. Besides the weather we did awesome! My goal, apart from finishing, was to do it under 2 hours. My time was 1:51. Rebecca finished in 2 hours even and got 4th in her age group!

Our numbers!


Our reward for finishing!

After the race, we chowed down on a bunch of free samples that were provided by Earth Fare, who sponsored the race. I think if you do any half marathons or marathon make sure it's catered by a health food store! Rebecca is ready for a full marathon but I think my running days are over for a while, I enjoyed running but I missed riding my bike with my friends. This wont be my last running event, but I need some mental relaxation from running.

There have been many more little stories that have happened, like me learning how to ride a motorcycle as one. I figured these would be enough to get you guys back in the swing of my writing. From this blog forth I will keep you posted on my happenings, with no giant break in between. Thanks for taking me back into your internet surfing world. Till next time...

No comments: