Monday, May 3, 2010

Run for the Fiesta!

So this saturday was the Run for the Fiesta! The run was about 2 miles and finished at Los Arcoiris. Rebecca and I had been training for this all year, well not really, but we have been really pumped for the past few weeks. We also talked Hannah, Rebecca's younger sister, to do it. She was done with school and we thought it would be fun if we all did it. So we picked her up Friday night and relaxed until the run started on Saturday.

We got there early to warm up and scope out the competition. Hannah went off and did a 15 min. warm up, which I probably should have done as well. It was a good sized field, I think there were about 20 or so.

Me stretching. Not really...


Rebecca and Hannah

More stretching. I decided to take off my shirt cause it was getting pretty warm.

Sean Condron went off right from the gun and I figured if people got away you wouldn't see them again. So me and a few others stuck together at the front. It was Sean, some lacrosse kid, Sammie K, some little guy with his shorts up really high and his shirt tucked in and myself out in front.

Sean cracked and Sam moved up and I tried to follow him but the little dude would not get out of my way. So i had to fight to pass him and eventually did, Sam was pretty much gone after that. I was 4th the rest of the way but than Hannah came up behind me and caught me towards the end, so I got 5th. Which was still really good and I had fun so that is all that matters.

Rebecca post race

Rebecca did well too! Most of the people cut the course and one guy even got in a car... So she's not sure how she placed but she did beat all those cheaters.

Kerry and a few other guys on the team rode as the lead car and made sure to stop traffic so we were safe.


We celebrated with tons of chips, salsa, queso and free tacos! We also got discount margaritas! They were so good after a hard effort in the hot sun. There was also a raffle for all those who participated in the run. Hannah got a free entry to a 5 mile race up on Beech. It is over the summer and she really wanted to run it so now she can for free! Rebecca got a water bottle an t-shirt! I got a $20 gift certificate to Los Arcoiris! So we are going back to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! It's gonna be fun!

All in all we had a good weekend. The weather was great and that makes everything that much better. Now that I am getting into running Rebecca and I are looking to do a half marathon in September. I may do a full one in January but we shall see. Don't think this means the end for biking, oh no! I will stil be riding and racing. I am looking forward to racing when I go home over the summer. I hear races in Florida are fast!

Until next time.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you got girled!ahah