Monday, June 21, 2010

Been Very Busy...

Ok so sorry to my 10's of readers, I have been pretty busy with both my internships and other things. So here is an update...
I started my 2nd internship last week, I am working with 1600 AM WHTY in West Palm Beach, FL. The frequency used to be owned by Radio Disney but they went off the air. We now broadcast a mostly Haitian show and they are currently playing a good majority of the World Cup, since soccer is the national sport for Haiti.
The station is in West Palm which is more than an hour north of me, so I drive up here the night before and spend the night with some friends. They live about 25 mins. from the station so it works out great! I stay in west palm monday night and tuesday night and drive home wednesday afternoon when I get done with work.
It's a fun job, sadly i don't work were they broadcast from, the station is at another building, but that is soon to change. I work in the offices and we have a small studio that is not yet up and running, but it will be and they will broadcast out of here.


I have been running a lot lately, training for a half marathon. I just haven't really had time to ride either, I have to be at work early so that means I would have to get on the road by like 5 am if I wanted to ride. I can't really ride after work because then it is 100 degrees and I would die. But come hell or high water I will be riding my bike again, I will ride no matter how early or hot. I miss my bike and I need to get back to it.

Here is a picture to show how hot it is when I've been running. Sorry if it's kind of gross... This is the back of my shorts after a run. This is how bad I sweat when I run at 6 am, imagine what it's like if I did it in the middle of the day!?!?


These are some pics from the golf course my friends in West Palm live on. They live right off the 11th green and at night after dinner we go on the course and play with Leo, their basset hound. We toss a ball around and he will chase that thing for an hour or so. He's pretty funny!



This is from the 17th ST bridge in Ft. Lauderdale. I took this on an early am run, the sun had just started to come up. The bridge is my only form of a challenge when I run down here. It's hard to do hill work here when you are at sea level... But the bridge will do for now, it's actually pretty steep and long.


So apart from my two interenships and running and the occasional ride not much has been going on. I applied for a third job at William-Sonoma in the mall. It's a high end cooking store. They haven't called me back yet but as soon as I get done with work I am gonna head over there and see what the deal is. If most of you know me, you know it would be my dream to work there! I hope it works out.

Well I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I will get back on track, I couldn't blog while I was in West Palm because my friends do not have wifi. But I will make sure to post regularly now that I have my travel schedule all figured out. Well that's all for now, until something else...