Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Here and there...

So not much has changed, been working and training and trying not to die from the heat. I broke down and ordered a Road ID, the drivers here make riding and running a little dangerous so I figured it would be good to get. Also when I train back up at school on those back roads it would be good to have.
It's pretty cool, it feels like I am wearing a watch. I got green to match my LMC kit. It was kind of pulling the hair around my wrist, so I... well I shaved the are where it sits... I know, very strange. Here is a pic of it, I think you can see the area where I shaved it...


So I told you I was staying with friends when I go work in West Palm right? Well they had this cereal I have never heard of. It's called Weetabix and from what the box says it is from England. The cereal comes in brick form and you break it up and add fruit an milk. It has become my favorite cereal! This stuff is so good!!! I add some fruit, if I have it, and a little bit of honey. It is good with just honey if you don't have fruit. I found it at Publix and can't get over how good it is! Rebecca said Food Lion didn't have it so I'm hoping Lowes does. I'm sure Earthfare does but it's way too expensive there... If you can find it I suggest you try it!


So I had been doing some reading on running since I am fairly new to it. I saw a few articles talking about running barefoot and this interested me. I looked into it and there a good amount of people who run barefoot, they say it is healthy than running with shoes. Some say that the shoes ruin your natural foot form and causes damage to your heel since you tend to land on your heel when you run with shoes. It also shortens your strides so you don't waste as much energy.
So I decided to try it out, it wasn't half bad. They say not to do your normal long runs barefoot at first. So I did my normal run but held off the last half mile and ran that part barefoot, just to try it. They say you need to build your feet up a little before doing it as a normal thing. My feet felt good and I didn't get any cuts from glass or rocks, beginners luck haha. So I will try it again for a week and see how I like it. An article on it.

I took this on a evening run on the beach. The sun was going down behind all the charter boats, it was pretty nice! Then my phone died, there was a really great view from the top of the 17th ST bridge but I couldn't get it. Maybe next time...


Oh I also registered for the half marathon! So there is no turning back, it's official! Sunday September 26th in Johnson City is the big day! Check it out! Well that's it for now, I'm sure I will have something interesting again soon...

No comments: