Friday, June 4, 2010

So I started my internship with Holland America Cruise Lines yesterday. So far it has gone really well, this is only day 2 but I feel comfortable enough to say that I am doing a good job. I mean I haven't gotten fired yet so that's a plus. I know most of the people there having already worked for them two years ago.

Yesterday I got briefed on what I will be doing and got to do some work. Today I got to go to the Port Everglades Association meeting and got to sit in on a very important meeting. The meeting was great and my boss introduced me to the board. I had never been to a meeting of that level and it was so interesting to see how it operated, it was a great experience. After the meeting there was a lunch in and I met a ton of people that have been working with Port Everglades for years, these people are the cream of the crop so to speak.

Since I have to be at work semi early I have been riding or running at the wee hours of the morning. This morning I went for a short ride. I woke up at about 5:20 a.m. this morning to go for a short ride. Got on the road a little before 6 and did about an hour and a half.


This is funny because the house next door is being fumigated, and the first time Rebecca saw a house like that she didn't know why it had a tarp around it. I told her that it was a small circus, little funny story...


This was supposed to be my overnight oatmeal. I hear that people are putting oats and milk in a jar over night and letting the oats absorb the milk and then they eat it without having to cook it. So I tried it out. I'm gonna have to try it again cause I used Irish oats because that was all I had and I don't think they work the same as regular ones, but it was still pretty good! I recommend trying it!


So now that I am a working man I feel like I should find a bar that I go to every night after work, like Cheers. Order the same drink and sit at the same stool and get to know the bar tender and the bar flies. I just always envisioned that is what you do when you get a 9-5 job. I'm gonna keep my eye out for a real dodgy looking dive bar or pub that is close to my house. Make a few friends and here some good stories. I'll let you know how/if that pans out.

I have no real plans this weekend, thank god! I might do a group ride that my friend Chris told me about. He said it can be fast. I need to do some fast rides and do some pack riding. It's always good practice. There is a 5k sunday evening that I might be doing as well! Rebecca is doing a 5k tomorrow morning in Johnson City. She has been running everyday and is gonna blow them away. I'm really proud of her, she runs more than I do!

I'll post pics of the office I work in and of my workspace. In case the 3-5 of you who read this are interested... Stay tuned, there is lots more to come.

These are just a few pictures of my early am rides.

No comments: