Thursday, April 1, 2010

Beach and 5k

So the girls have been dying to go to the beach since they have been down here. So while my parents went to work we loaded them up and headed to the beach. It wasn't as crowded as I thought and it wasn't crazy hot, double score. The girls had a blast in the water, the water was a little cold but they didn't care. Then they started playing in the sand, they loved that as well. So we had to leave cause we had to get ready for the 5k in a few hours. It was crazy leaving, I only live about 2 miles from the beach and it took about 45 mins to get home... I'm happy people are putting money into the local economy but damn, please leave and go back up north!
These are some beach pics.


Anna got buried!



So we got home, had a quick bite, downed some water since we had been in the sun all day and took a quick shower to wash off all the sunscreen and sand, yuck. The 5k was 2 blocks from dads office so we parked there and walked to warm up. The event was for corporate sponsored companies, so in order to enter you the rules stated that each person entered had to be an employe for at least 3 months... So my dad sponsored us hahaha. All these companies had huge tents and all this catered food and coolers full of crazy vitamin drinks. Rebecca and I had plain t-shirts and a gatorade bottle, totally hardcore. Like I said yesterday I had to get new shoes because my left foot was about to fall off.

These are them, New Balance if you couldn't tell. They are probably the most comfortable shoes I've had. If you have the means I highly recommend picking some up.


When my dad went to pick up our numbers and t-shirts for doing the race he was informed that there were like 4000 people doing this. It was a run/walk so many people did not run. So we stood around waiting for this thing to start and they had a group stretch/warm up thing going on. It was kind of like those videos you see of an entire city square doing aerobics like in south korea or some place like that...

So we got to the line and the gun went off, the people who were doing it as a walk all seemed to be at the front so we had to run around a bunch of n00bs... My foot still kind of hurt but nothing like it did before, thanks shoes! I ran with my phone so I could listen to sweet tunes to keep me going. Then when we got into a steady rhythm I decided to take a few pics.

Rebecca was all smiles the whole time.

Some n00b we ended up passing right after taking this pic.


So we finished holding hands the last few yards of the race and the announcer dude made some comment about it, so that was pretty cool. Our time was 28:48 I think that is really good seeing as how we have never done a 5k and plus we had to weave through a bunch of old and rather large people before we could actually get to running. All in all we had tons of fun and got sweet shirts and some free snacks afterwards. Afterwards we got some pizza to bring home and I had a beer to recover and Rebecca had some wine. Now it's time for bed. More stuff to do tomorrow. Later

No comments: