Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yoga and a Great Ride

So this morning Rebecca, my sister and myself went to a yoga class. Not just any yoga though, this was Bikram yoga. What's that you ask? Well Bikram yoga is yoga that is done in a room that is around 100 degrees and you sweat, you sweat a lot. I don't think I have ever sweated more in my entire life then I did for this hour and a half. My sister has been doing it for a few years and she assured us that it's safe and you feel amazing afterwards. This was my first yoga class ever so I'm glad it was a special one. It was full of a bunch of middle aged women and then one other dude... We got through it without passing out or anything. Robin was right, I felt great afterwards! The theory is that you sweat out all the toxins and then the heat allows you to stretch farther than you normal would. They were right, I had no clue I could move like that. I still was really stiff but I did things I probably couldn't do without the heat. We are gonna try and go again on friday, the one dude in there kept telling me that you have to keep coming back to get the full benefits... He told me all this while he was bareass, a little strange... Needless to say I did not break eye contact.

After that we came back and had a nice lunch, I was starving after yoga. Me my mom and Rebecca went to get a few things while my dad and Robin and the girls went to the pool. My nieces seem to only want to swim and play monopoly, they are a lot of fun! We are gonna dye Easter eggs tomorrow night I think but that's a post of its own. So I had to get new running shoes because mine seem to want to kill my feet. My left foot feels like someone took a hammer and broke my foot in half, it hurts to walk sit or do anything really... So I got some sweet New Balances, they are so freakin comfortable! Then we went to Target which is always awesome! I had to get back because me and a friend were gonna go for a ride at 3:30.

So we got home and I got a quick snack and Chris showed up. Chris has been doing triathlons so we had a pretty decent ride. The weather could not have been better, super sunny but fairly cool, a light breeze but no strong wind to speak of. I think we had a tail wind both ways, score! We got a good 3 hours in and kind of hammered most of the way. My legs are fully reefed!

Tomorrow should be relaxing, until the evening. We are gonna do a 5k, mine and Rebecca's first! So that will be a good blog for you guys to read. Well I'm beat and am going to bed. Later.



Fig has been doing this a lot.

Riding with Chris.

A park we stopped at to get water.


The progression of my tan, not great but it's a start.

No comments: