Sunday, March 21, 2010

Warmth!

So Saturday had to have been the best day we've had since October probably. It was probably 62 maybe 64... I went for a sweet 3 hour ride, Shulls Mill, probably my fav ride. The weather was awesome and the views were great! I had great tunes on the iPod and the climbs seemed like nothing, it was probably the best ride I've had in a while. The parkway was great, except for one little section right at the end. It was closed off but I decided to go ahead cause I didn't want to go on the main road. A bunch of branches and trees were down all over, it was fun weaving in between the trees. I had to pull one or two cyclocross moves and carry my bike over a tree. When I was getting off the parkway I ran into Doug, Matty Light, Pastor Joe, Kathryn, and Steph. I guess they had come up from Jonas Ridge, another decent ride.

Today the weather was kind of crappy, it's been raining all day. I welcome the rain though, I want all the salt and gravel washed off the roads. I'm tired of inhaling salt when a car goes by. The weather is going to pick back up by the middle of the week though so I'm pumped. I will also be going home Friday for spring break, I can't wait to be able to ride in really warm weather and work on my tan. Not sure that I got one yesterday... Well these are some pics from Saturdays ride, enjoy!

I wore only shorts! Haven't been able to do that for a while!


My phone makes it really difficult to take a good picture of yourself. Plus if I moved it any further away it would rip my headphones out... So instead I look like a retard.


I love Shulls Mill, such a great road.


View from the parkway.


Obstacles!

No comments: