Wednesday, March 3, 2010

GA Southern and other stuff

So we the first race of road season was last weekend, hosted by Georgia Southern. It was a fun weekend, it's always great to travel with the team. Race wise this weekend was not great for me, however the team did great! The weekend started off with an early TTT. It was cold and windy but we are used to that... However it has been almost 2 weeks since I've gotten to ride on an actual road. Eric helped me build my road bike earlier the week before and it was the first time that I rode that bike outside this year.

So the TTT was ruff since I did not get a good warm up in and like I said earlier hadn't ridden on the road much let alone in a pace line. Jake and Lucas had to do most of the work, sorry guys. I figured that the TTT would open my legs up for the crit later on that night. The crit was flat and in a parking lot but it had 8 turns... Ya, I know right? The evening was very windy but I fellt good on the line even though I was in a horrible starting position. The line basically went straight for 50 feet or so then there was a sharp left, I was at the back into the turn and went to shift into my big ring, well the chain jumped the ring and went around my foot... by the time I got it on I was off the back and the field was a good ways ahead. This all happened in a matter of 6 secs. The wind was so strong that once you were alone you stayed alone... I spent 3-4 laps trying best I could to catch them but with no luck and was pulled. I felt like a retard and went and rode around some since I only got to race a grand total of 15 mins.

The women dominated as Rachel lapped the field like 10 times or something and they got like 1,2,3,4,5. The A men did really well. Zac beat Chris Butler who now races for BMC, he totally kicked butt. The RR was a little better fitness wise, but organizational wise the race was a mess. The C riders caught us then merged. We would get up to speed then stop, then get back up and stop. Then our pace car missed a turn, the whole field had to turn around. The women got totally lost and kind of rode around for a while. Carla and Rachel were on like a 50 minute breakaway.

Other than that the weather has been horrible, it has snowed everyday since Feb. and wont stop. We had a weekend of sunshine and 40-50 degree weather which was amazing! Most of the roads were clear and it was a big morale booster. I have watched about 100 movies since riding the trainer everyday for almost 2 months.
Well that's what has been happening lately. No race this weekend but we are supposed to have decent weather so I plan to ride outside both days as long as possible to enjoy the sun cause who know when it will be back. Here are some recent pics. Later!




1 comment:

Zac C. said...

Hey at least you got your season started. Keep your head up and your wheels down. O and I like the pics. Talk to ya later.

Zac C.