Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas and My 1st ride

Merry Christmas all. It was a warm one today in Ft. Lauderdale, it was around 80 maybe high 70's... The day started late, as usual with my family, we opened presents at around 12... I made out ok, I didn't really want anything. I got new shades! I'm pretty happy about that. I need new riding glasses since the ones I have, for those who know of my Rudy Projects, they are not very practicle. The new ones are Oakley Radars. I might trade em in for a different color, I don't know if I like all black, I'll shop around.

My brother Craig got an iPhone! Brat, I had to pay for mine... Oh well. He gets to pick it out tomorrow. He was very happy with this present, let me tell you.

My dad got socks!

Well he got a little more than that, but that was the only pic I had of him. He got a new watch and some goodies from the Scottish Shop, which he loved, thanks Rebecca! My mom got him our family crest to put on his wall in his office!
I put a red bow on Figaro, needless to say he did not enjoy it. I thought it was cute and he should dress up a little. It took forever to get on him, but I could tell he was not enjoying it and took it off after a quick picture, sorry it's a little blurry. He later bit Craig, but for good reaseon, he wouldn't stop poking his tummy.

After presents we where going to dinner at a friends house. I decided to ride there and meet my family. I figured it would be a good chance to get out and make room for dinner. I also got to rock my Christmas present from Rebecca's mom, a Scottish Cycling Jersey, it is so sweet!
I figured nobody would be out driving on Christmas Day... wrong! It took forever to get past Ft. Lauderdale Beech. So many dumb people just walking in the road/bike lane. Just standing there... watching me come from about 40 feet down the road, not moving at all... I hate Florida soo much. I just wanted to unclipp and kick there fat asses onto the sidewalk... Other than that the ride was great, a little windy, but that's Florida. My legs felt good after not riding for 3 weeks, with traveling and finals. On my way up to our friends for dinner I missed the turn and went a few miles past it...opps... but it was not my fault. The street that I was supposed to turn on had no sign. I had my eye out the entire time, oh well extra miles! I mapped it out in case people want to take a look. http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/fl/fort-lauderdale/453178610341
All in all it was a great day! I am going to try and ride tomorrow as well, see how my legs feel after round two! I did miss being with Rebecca, it does really suck being so far away for so long :( I hope this passes by fast. Until I have more stuff, take her easy...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

HAHA, I love the Johnson County Longhorn representation Christmas morning! Fig looks adorable and I'm glad your dad liked the crest, I'll have to send some Aero and Crunchie bars!