Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hickory Nut Gap-Roubaix and Christmas Party

Today I went riding out side, something I haven't done in a while. So the town decided to tear up a good part of Hickory Nut Gap to repave it. The funny thing is that they tore it up about a month ago, so the road is pretty tore up. Then once you get past the really crappy construction you hit the part of the road that should be torn up to be repaved, which is the the entire road to the top... Plus the ice, salt, gravel, rain run-off did not help.
So I rode to the top and came back to the gym and did 4-5 laps of the cross course to get ready for the upcoming race on saturday. Well that was extremely fun seeing as how it was muddier than hell. I was going sideways the entire time, but that is good practice since my handling needs to be improved by a hell of a lot. It got cold fast and was threatening to rain so I peaced out cause I had to get to class anyway.
After class Rebecca and I had to set up for the Cycling Team Christmas Party. It was a lot of fun setting up. Ronin was there helping out and we helped put up her tree that she bought. She decided to give it a test run in the bike room before taking it home. Rebecca and I made streamers the night before and hung those up in various places and also hung up lights that we bought, which are now hanging up in the apartment! All in all it was a great party.
The DeFeet rep. for this area came out to the party and was selling socks and such for $5 each! Holly cow, that's such a great deal. I got like 4 pairs of Woolie Boolie's my fave socks ever. I got Rebecca 2 pairs of arm warmers and 2 pairs of socks! Kristi gave up a pair of Hot Pink arm warmers that Rebecca really wanted. Thank you Kristi!!! The pics are up so enjoy! Later!






1 comment:

Went said...

dude thanks again that was a sweet as party!