Saturday, December 27, 2008

My First Day of Work

Today was my first day of work. If you did not know I am working for Holland America Cruise Lines. I got to the port at 8 a.m. Nobody realized that I was supposed to be working... good sign huh? Well the morning was spent helping people find their bags. They have a great system worked out, dump all the bags in one room, in no order, and let everyone in and have them find their bag. The great thing is that the workers, me, are not allowed to help the passengers carry their bags! Which is great because I am very lazy... I couldn't take pictures of that because due to customs and such no phones or cameras are not allowed in that area, plus I'm not allowed to be on a phone during work.
After that it was time for lunch, I wasn't told to bring a lunch so I had to go to the cart across the street and got a hot dog. It was really good though! After that it was time to check in new guests for the cruise leaving that evening. I was really scared that I would really screw up loging people in. It was scary the first few times, I was really nervous! I got the hang out it a few times around, pretty soon I had a pretty good groove going! Except with huge familys of like 10 or so I kind of was nervouse getting everyone in.
I didn't get done until about 3:30, and I was soo tired. But it was worth it for making that sweet cash money! I go in again tomorrow, same time same deal. I realized today that the people that take cruises are a very interesting group. They are either extremely old, from northern states, canadian, fat, rude new yorkers, and extremely ugly! These are a few pictures of some ships, basically my office... Also me in my uniform. Well until something interesting happens...


No comments: